Thursday, August 02, 2012

Daily News with a Difference

Daily-News This would have been easy to miss. It's an ice cream stick glued onto a wooden bridge at the nature park in Handen. I don't miss much so I stopped for a closer look and a photo. The url burned into the stick goes to a web site and when I came home I looked it up and was glad to have done that. The site is a personal diary/newspaper with a difference. Operated by a man called Lars. He has written a diary since 1976. The last few years the diary has been on-line. Most of it is in Swedish, but if you look at the top to the right, it says English, press there for an explanation written by the author. Lars describes his days in the third person. He also writes editorials about all sorts of news stories. Very entertaining. The diary/paper is presented a bit like a newspaper. He writes everything by hand on a paper that he then scans. Here is how a day in July looks. It is story number 6124 and among other things Lars tells the diary about the blueberry pie he made.

7 comments:

VP said...

If it is a hoax it is creative and very funny, but I am quite convinced that all of this is true. It is one of the strangest things I have ever seen. Do the colors of the pages mean something?

Clueless in Boston said...

Lars runs a very interesting site. He has to be a little eccentric and a very interesting man. I really like the way he "markets" his site with a popsicle stick, a bit of guerilla marketing. He probably figures if someone sees it and takes the trouble to look it up, good for them, but I'm sure he probably doesn't really care if anyone else reads it. Good find Steffe.

Lowell said...

You never know what you'll find when you see an ice cream stick glued to a post in Sweden. Love it!

Birdman said...

That's why I always tell Elenka, "Let's stop for ice cream!"

Mike Laplante said...

That's pretty clever guerrilla advertising.
I do something similar by leaving 'karma card' about with inspirational sayings and my web address on the back.
This seems like more work but it gets top marks for creativity.

Stefan Jansson said...

I found a few self portraits on his site so if I see him around I will stop for a chat. That sounds like a positive thing to do Mike.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Lars has a very unique way of getting his work out there Steffe, great spotting on your part.