Sunday, April 06, 2014

Chevrolet Chevelle

Chevrolet Chevelle
I arrived to the shopping centre at the same time as the guy in the Chevelle, so I told him that I would shoot a few photos of his ride. Mid shoot I had to stop because of a very angry postman in a big yellow truck. He was trying to park outside the pharmacy and gave me the evil eye as he closed in on the spot where I was standing. Is it your car he asked, Nope, the owner is probably enjoying lunch or visiting the Systembolaget was my answer. He then walked into the pharmacy still angry, telling people to move right and left. When he drove away a minute later I started shoooting again.

10 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

The era of the Chevelle and Chevette are, in my view, not the best of times for Chevrolet's design and engineering teams. As in music, the 1960's were better than the 1970's.

jennyfreckles said...

Postman must have been having a bad day! The red car cheers me up but it obviously didn't work for him.

Birdman said...

I like the light and shadow you captured.

Sharon said...

That's a car that brings back memories. Too bad about the encounter with the postman.

Stuart said...

Ya don't see these every day... even in the States. Cool shot.

RedPat said...

You have so many great old American cars over there!

Lowell said...

As I recall, the Chevelle was kind of a bummer. But I could be wrong; my memory ain't so good these days.

You gotta watch out for angry postmen. Never say "Shoot!" in their presence! :)

William Kendall said...

Beautiful car!

I've met the odd person who blows up over nothing at all... sounds like that postman.

Lasse Jansson said...

Läcker bil som din fotograferingsteknik gör extra spännande. Bra!

Unknown said...

American muscle is always sexy yet masculine! Well done, SJ!