Tuesday, November 11, 2014

P&T

P&T
A couple of years ago I stood on a former parking lot turned into a busy construction site talking to the site manager about this project. He told me that they were building a passive house where the energy comes from body heat, electrical appliances and lighting. I think I took his portrait and shot a panorama. Now there are seven buildings here with 200 apartments. Six storeys high, or rather eight, as two are under ground. This side is made as an arcade. P&T stands for Puls och Träning. In English, Pulse & Workout and it is of course a gym. Oh, and I have a before photo which is a fun read.

6 comments:

Jack said...

This is pretty cool, Steffe. The idea of a passive building is impressive. (Loved your previous post about the conversation in Moronic.)

William Kendall said...

Nicely shot in black and white.

Bob Crowe said...

It is hard for me to imagine how that is possible. It it's true, it's ingenious.

Stuart said...

I'm all for the passive housing movement. In this example, I'm wondering if the gym equipment makes use of all the energy expelled. Of course, there should be plenty of body heat to capture too.

Birdman said...

Funny story! Moronic! hahaha Truck drivers think they have all the power. Screw 'em, I say!

Karl said...

Superbe composition!