Thursday, July 16, 2015

I live on the dark side

The Dark Side Sanna Tied Up Angel
The first time I stopped this girl and asked her for a portrait she promptly refused. That was maybe two years ago. It was the tattoo of the cross near her eye that caught my eye that time. Since then I have seen her many times and I must have stopped her and asked her for a few photos, four or five times, but she has always turned me down. Until two days ago that is when we met on a walkway near Jordbro. She had her headphones on when I stopped the bike and waved to her. Her name turned out to be Sanna. She lives in Västerhaninge. She is not religious in the Christian way, but she does have her own believes. I live on the dark side she told me. Hence the tattoo of the tied up angel. Sanna spends a lot of time in the gym, working out is a big part of her life as is as you can guess tattoos.

10 comments:

William Kendall said...

She certainly does stand out!

Bob Crowe said...

This is an excellent character study and your persistence paid off. Everyone has her or his own tastes but I find this extreme amount of tattoos to be horrifying.

Gunn said...

nice portraits!

Luis Gomez said...

I am with Bob.

ClickNCamera said...

People of my generation don't generally understand all this ink. If not for her smile, I would agree, she seems very dark. Love your persistence and you captured her well. Enjoy your day!

VP said...

Sorry, I do not like tattoos. I am glad your persistence paid off: it is a fine portrait anyway!

Stuart said...

Fascinating. I continue to believe that the person who invents a quick, painless, and cheap way to remove tattoos will be the next billionaire.

RedPat said...

Wow - imagine when she is 80 years old!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

I've gotten use to the sight of tattoos on arms, legs, and necks. Unless they're Maori, I can't get used to people tattooing their face. It seems an act of literal defacement.

Jack said...

My mother used to teach me that if I have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.