Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Personal Space at the Beach

Scorchio!!! Personal Space at the Beach
It hasn't been this warm in Stockholm in the month of May since 1990. I had to make another stop at my favorite beach Årsta Havsbad on Monday and it was warmer there than it was at the Mediterranean if you want to believe the meteorologist, and yesterday that is what I wanted to do. It really was my kind of weather. There are different types of beach people and here is the proof. You can either go all in and press as hard as you can on the grass like the topless woman in the first photo. Or you can bring a chair, find the middle of the beach, sit down, relax, enjoy the sun and the breeze and whenever you feel like it pick up your smart-phone and see if anything has happened in the world. I did it a third way. I rested on a bench overlooking the beach, ate my lunch, took the above photos, chatted away with the man sitting on the next bench before walking down to the water to see if it was warm enough for a swim. It wasn't, I'm guessing around 12C so I just took off my shoes and socks and walked out into the sea for a minute.

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Still too cool for a swim.

Lowell said...

Sitting in the sun. Can cancer be far behind? People are really stupid sometimes. Here in the Sunshine State, we have an epidemic of skin cancer, especially melanoma.

RedPat said...

It has been a cool May here in Toronto!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Sounds like a pretty nice way to spend a sunny Monday Steffe :)