Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Jesse and his bike

Jesse Jesse and his bike Jesse's Bike
This is Jesse. He is easy to spot. I have a few candid photos of him from local events, but this was the first time we talked. I noticed his very cool bike outside the mall in Handen yesterday and knew that I had to snap a few photos of it. And while I was at it I decided to take a portrait of Jesse as well, because he has a unique look. He did his first face tattoo four years ago. One of them is a bit special. It depicts a man holding a gun. It is Christer Pettersson, the man convicted for the assassination of the Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme in February of 1986. Pettersson was later acquitted and died a few years ago. What about the bike I hear you ask, well Jesse built the bike himself, and got the parts from various places, including the US.

10 comments:

Lasse Jansson said...

Här har vi en kille som sticker ut från mängden! Bra porträttfoto. Jag tycker cykelbygget är hur cool som helst, den är riktigt snygg. Däremot skulle jag inte vilja cykla några längre sträckor med den. En glidarhoj helt enkelt. :-)

Stuart said...

That is one incredible bike. Never seen anything like it.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Not understanding the extra wheel Steffe, is it a spare :) Love that he built it himself, makes it unique!

Stefan Jansson said...

Glidarhoj var namnet. Hans tjej har en fixie, precis som jag.

A spare it is Grace. You can never be too sure! And I did have to borrow Jesse a bike tool that he needed, so his bike doesn't have everything, yet.

William Kendall said...

A unique looking bike for a unique person!

Jack said...

I am not sure which is more unusual, Jesse's bike or his facial artwork.

Sharon said...

I think I have to second what Jack said.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Ditto Sharon and Jack.
Wow.
Glad you managed to talk to Jesse, I understand he was a nice enough person to talk to? I'm not sure I understand the tattoo about the gunman. Does that mean Jessesupports Olof Palme's assassination. I hope not!

Stefan Jansson said...

I think Jesse is a rebel, what we call a Raggare over here. They enjoy being politically incorrect.

Stefan Jansson said...

And there's a movie about Jesse. It is called The search for Jesse Fuxing, Made by a couple of Norwegian guys. I haven't seen it but it is available as a DVD.