Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Jonas Nobel

Jonas Nobel The Geological History of Haninge Folded Laundry
As I walked into the show room at the cultural centre in Handen yesterday, to look at the new exhibition by Jonas Nobel, the artist himself walked out with two friends. So I turned around and followed him to one of the outdoor sculptures, which are also part of his installation, and that's where I grabbed this portrait of Jonas. He talked a bit about his sculptures and the idea behind it which is Haninge's geological history. The objects in the showroom are office furniture and other items used around Haninge that have been covered in plastic film showing mineral structures from the island of Utö where lithium was discovered two centuries ago. Last photo shows one of three sculptures by along "Eskilsstråket". Haninge had a big laundry industry one century ago. This artwork is made from aluminium and rests on a base made from concrete it shows folded laundry. The exhibition is open for the next three months. If you speak the local lingo you can read more about the exhibition here.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Great set of photos! He certainly has the look of an artist.

William Kendall said...

He does come across like an artist. Unusual works, but I like them!

Stuart said...

That's a terrific portrait of the artist.

Bob Crowe said...

That's intriguing and I'm sure I would enjoy the show, but I'm glad my towels are softer.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Very cool to chat with the artist Steffe!

Gunn said...

I have said it before. I like the way you photograph people!
They look relaxed and ok with YOU photographing.

Always nice to see the artist together with the art.

Jack said...

Very fine portrait, Steffe. And the artist interprets his subjects in a way that is approachable for non-artists.