Saturday, July 30, 2016

Author Portrait

Author Portrait Denise
I stood on the bridge that crosses the busy Gudöbroleden in Handen yesterday. Aiming my camera at passing motorcycles and classic cars in the roundabout, when I noticed someone walking past me. And as I can never resist a redhead I jumped on my bike and caught up with the girl near the shopping centre. This is Denise Fernström. Born and raised in Haninge. She was late for work, but decided to give the photographer a few minutes of her time. We talked a bit about her tattoos, Denise have two sisters and all three girls have the same ink as a mark of family and love. Denise have struggled with mental illness, something she now have behind her. She was easy to talk with and I could easily have spent more time taking photos of her. She works with home support/ personal care. But, and this is the big one, she will soon be able to add another title to her CV. Denise have finished her first novel! It is a poetry/fiction book, a Gothic novel for young readers. So remember where you heard about her first!

6 comments:

Kate said...

I wish her much success in the future!

Lasse Jansson said...

Den hårfärgen är svår att missa! Och ett riktigt härligt porträtt har du fått till där hennes blick tycks mig både nyfiken och lite busig.

Lowell said...

Beautiful portrait. Love that hair! I hope she sells a ton of books.

William Kendall said...

Your first shot especially is strong and bold.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Brilliant portrait shot Steffe, Denise looks like a young who knows what she wants, I wish her all success in her writing venture.

Jack said...

I absolutely love her look! Let's hope her book is a success and that her issues with mental health are far behind her.